News for the Spring 2020 season and here are a few changes/updates:
- We are continuing the “Learn to Play Lacrosse” program for kids in grades K through 2 who have not yet made the commitment to full padded lacrosse. LTP will be run by Matt Belson and the Scoops Lacrosse crew. This was a huge success last year, and we hope for it to grow more in the 2020 season.
- We will be holding indoor skill sessions during the month of March for grades 3-8 to get ready for the outdoor season kickoff in April. These indoor sessions are included in the registration fees.
- Full pads youth lacrosse for grades 1 through 8.
- Our spring skills sessions will be integrated with the Norwell High School lacrosse team, and a few youth lacrosse games will be held during halftime of high school home games.
- We have continued our transition to match the Norwell High Lacrosse uniform with a uniform/shooter/hoodie package this season. Helmet decal packs will be offered during online youth registration (more helmet info at bottom of this email).
- Grades 5-8 will play three weekends of small ball TPL league wide “tournaments” at neutral sites.
- Grades 5-8 will also go back to playing 2X45 minute games each Sunday against two different towns.
- Registration fees increase for 2020 to cover March turf rental and small ball tournament turf fees.
- The 2020 spring registration opens Monday, November 11th, and closes on Friday December 20th.
- You will be receiving an email from your level director next week about a winter lacrosse option.
Learn to Play: Kindergarten – Grade 1 – Grade 2
Learn to Play Lacrosse, is a fun, exercise focused, introduction to lacrosse and outside sports. It meets from 830am to 930am, on Saturday’s, during April and May. The only lacrosse equipment needed is a stick. NBYL highly recommends the Warrior EVO mini lacrosse stick for this age. https://www.warrior.com/bnr-warp-mini-retail-0504.html
If you have any questions, please contact your Level Director and look for the 2020 registration email on November 11th.