News for the Spring 2020 season and here are a few changes/updates:
- We are continuing the “Learn to Play Lacrosse” program for kids in grades K through 2 who have not yet made the commitment to full padded lacrosse. LTP will be run by Matt Belson and the Scoops Lacrosse crew. This was a huge success last year, and we hope for it to grow more in the 2020 season.
- We will be holding indoor skill sessions during the month of March for grades 3-8 to get ready for the outdoor season kickoff in April. These indoor sessions are included in the registration fees.
- Full pads youth lacrosse for grades 1 through 8.
- Our spring skills sessions will be integrated with the Norwell High School lacrosse team, and a few youth lacrosse games will be held during halftime of high school home games.
- We have continued our transition to match the Norwell High Lacrosse uniform with a uniform/shooter/hoodie package this season. Helmet decal packs will be offered during online youth registration (more helmet info at bottom of this email).
- Grades 5-8 will play three weekends of small ball TPL league wide “tournaments” at neutral sites.
- Grades 5-8 will also go back to playing 2X45 minute games each Sunday against two different towns.
- Registration fees increase for 2020 to cover March turf rental and small ball tournament turf fees.
- The 2020 spring registration opens Monday, November 11th, and closes on Friday December 20th.
- You will be receiving an email from your level director next week about a winter lacrosse option.
Grade 6 – Grade 7 – Grade 8
Practice once during the week, and play Sunday travel games. Skills will be added during the week, after April school break. Games are usually scheduled between 900am – 200pm, and run from early April through early June. There will be an A&B team. Tryouts for the A teams are held in March. If a player chooses to not tryout for the A team, he will be placed on the B team. Playoffs for A&B teams in mid-June.
***HELMETS*** If your son does not have a helmet, needs a new helmet, or is new to the game, please purchase him a WHITE helmet for the upcoming season. We are aligning our uniforms and helmets, with those of Norwell High School. If your son already has a helmet, and it is not white, do not buy another helmet. Simply make your son’s next helmet purchase a WHITE one when he outgrows his current model. CLUB lacrosse decals are not allowed at Norwell Boys Youth Lacrosse games. We play in the Town Pride League, and ask all our players to be outfitted in Norwell helmets and apparel for practice and games. No exceptions.
If you have any questions, please contact your Level Director and look for the 2020 registration email on November 11th.